NOOR is an international documentary photography agency based in Amsterdam. The agency was founded in 2007 with the aim to actively and collectively promote, sell, and exhibit the works of its members in the global market. Through the NOOR Foundation, we are also concerned with the encouragement and support of young photojournalists and documentary photographers around the world.
NOOR is currently looking for an Education Intern to work closely with NOOR’s Editor & Projects Director, Asmara Pelupessy, in order to develop, implement and increase NOOR’s educational activities. These activities include local and international workshops, seminars, lectures, portfolio reviews and screenings conducted by NOOR photographers and staff. The Education Intern’s tasks will include administrative and production support, research, outreach, along with assistance with program development, program implementation and evaluation.
We are looking for an ambitious, pro-active, and enthusiastic intern with a strong affinity for photography, documentary, education, communications and research. The NOOR office team consists of three full time employees, several freelance collaborators and one intern. The Education Intern is a new position and addition to our team. We love working with interns who are keen to learn, take initiative, perform well on deadline, have strong skills in prioritizing work, and have an eye for detail.
In addition to giving the intern a solid orientation in the field of documentary photography education on an international scale, the position will also orient the intern on the latest developments in the industry and field more generally. Additionally, the position offers the chance to develop the following skills:
• Program development in photographic education
• Project management
• Communications and outreach
• Program evaluation
1) You must be legally allowed to work in Europe, i.e. be an EU citizen, or hold an EU residence, passport, or work permit. *Please include your nationality and/or residence or work-permit specifications in your CV.
2) Your English must be fluent (spoken and written). Additional languages, especially Dutch, are desirable.
3) Applicants must commit to a working period for a minimum of four consecutive months (a longer period can be discussed).
4) The intern will need to commit to a regular schedule of 2-3 working days, with at least one of these in the office in Amsterdam. They will need to work on their own computer.
5) The intern must to be able to support himself or herself during the internship, including finding and paying for their own accommodation. The monthly internship stipend for this position is €150 for a two-day workweek or €225 for a three-day workweek.
Interested? Please send your application, including motivation letter (maximum one page) and CV (maximum 2 pages) to email@example.com with the subject line ‘NOOR EDUCATION INTERNSHIP APPLICATION’ by 22 May 2016. Applications received after 22 May will not be considered.
We will schedule interviews during the week of 23 May.
The start date for the internship is mid/end June.