Call for Internship | NOOR
The NOOR Team in Amsterdam is currently looking for an enthusiastic intern to work with us for 6 months, starting on 15 January 2018.
Since its establishment in 2007, as both a photo agency and foundation, the international roster of NOOR’s accomplished and award-winning member photographers have documented civil and political unrest, environmental issues, war, famine, and natural disasters throughout the globe. It is an abiding commitment to the fundamental power of photography to bear witness to the struggle for human rights and social justice that form the principles of NOOR.
NOOR – an Arabic word meaning light – seeks to contribute to a growing understanding of the world by producing independent visual reports that stimulate positive social change and impact views on issues of global concern.
The NOOR team is a young, diverse and creative group of individuals and we are looking for an eager and hard-working person
As a full member of the team, you will gain hands on experience and work towards the delivery of the team’s end product:
Creating global impact through visual stories with integrity and passion
For more info visit – www.noorimages.com
You will work with members of the NOOR Team, answering to the team’s requests, to:
- Support the team in the day-to-day activities such as administrative tasks and updating our database system;
- Assist with the NOOR shop process
- Conduct research benefiting the department’s activities;
- Support the organization during major events
- Support the organization sales and communication department
- You are a Bachelor or Master student or recently graduated.
- You have a strong interest in business/photography/visual arts/ cultural management/marketing/media
- You are eager to learn more
- You are a quick-thinking self-starter who has the ability to multitask.
- You are keen to learn, take initiative, perform well on deadline.
- You are creative, well organized and have a good eye for details. You have an ‘all-hands on deck’ attitude when working at an event.
- You have strong interpersonal and intercultural communication skills.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken. A second language would be an asset.
- You are experienced and have knowledge of Squarespace, Photoshop and Bridge
NOOR is a collective uniting a select group of highly accomplished photojournalists documenting, investigating and witnessing our world.
We offer an internship with a variety of tasks and responsibilities in a dynamic working atmosphere. We would like you to start on 15 January 2018 for period a of 6 months. Working hours can be somewhat flexible depending on events, but on average you will work 35 hours per week.
NOOR wants to enhance the diversity of its workforce. We do not discriminate against anyone on the basis of age, gender, nationality, race or ethnic origin, religion, or sexual orientation. We encourage applications that can make the organization a better reflection of global society.
You must to be able to support yourself during the internship, including finding and paying for your own accommodation. NOOR’s internship allowance is net EUR 350/month.
This position is at the moment only open to EU citizens or individuals with existing valid work permit for the EU. For more info visit: http://www.iamsterdam.com/en/study/work-and-study/about-internships)
Please be informed that the Intern position is an office position to support NOOR activities. Any other emails and requests for photographing or assisting our photographers on assignment will be discarded.
Due to the high amount of applications, we will unfortunately not be able to reply to all emails. Please note that only the successful applications will be contacted for an interview.
If you have any questions regarding this vacancy, please contact NOOR Office – 00 31 20 21 42 040 – email@example.com
Please respond in English by Friday 22nd December 2017 and submit both your CV and a letter of motivation (as a PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org